Other crap that's on my mind.

A website about things you probably don't care about, but I do so shove it.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Imports

Do you ever go through stages of what you like? I do.

Sometimes I go crazy for apples, and then I move onto yogurt, and then onto peanut butter, and then I like gardening and then there's hiking and so on.

I'm like a 10-year old who can't decide which group to join.

And this is how I am with music. I will never let go of my favorites. Cat Stevens, Hot Chip, George Harrison, Bob Dylan and The Raincoats will always make me smile. I could listen to 'If you want to sing out, sing out' a million times and I would request it a million more. But I remember a time when I saw 5 Dave Matthews concerts in one summer, and now you couldn't pay me to buy a cd let alone see him tap his toes in a show.

This year I'm really digging any import I can get my hands on - for free. Yes, I'm one of those people who went to Sonic Boom the other day, asked a guy what he would recommend in the way of xylophones and Zimbabwe music. He showed me his favorites, I remembered them and then immediately got them at the library.

I can't get enough of this music. I dance around the whole house, while Dominic laughs. It makes me happy. The words make no sense so I can't sing, but I can shake it ridiculously. I don't care that I have no moves or that my neighbors might see. I love this music too much. It's like soulful meets rhythm meets awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I have this image of you dancing around to this music and it made me smile!!!! I don't know you but thank you for making me smile!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home